Last 3 weeks were like hell… lot’s of work. I mean presentations, tests and some research for my university projects.
I’ve been looking at dashboard project and i get two little patches commited just for building and get dashboard working again. For that joe sugest me to write a beagle-ui-0.0.pc file for beagle that will be available on the next beagle version 0.2.7. After this dashboard can use it and build again. I really like dashboard project and i like to see it alive again (yes there’s a SOC project for that) and i will contribute as soon i have some free time.
I’ve fixed a few bugs for beagle on portage too.
Unfortunatly until the end of June i won’t have time for more than a looking a few bugs on our bugzie. But i’m not away… i’m always on irc if you need me but i don’t promiss i can answer you right there heheh.
For Stuart… 🙂
Why would we need Picasa if we have f-spot ? Why would we have to run it with wine when we can have native aplications doing the same ? heheh
It sucks because of that imo
Yeah my hard drive blow up i need to buy a new one and see if i can backup some of the data i had. This week i’m not going to keyword until i install everything and get everything up again (cvs,svn etc..). Last Week i was in vacations but i had to spend some time with my family and friends so i mainly had time to work on Beagle and iFolder ebuilds.
About beagle the searches through portage works fine and we got the multilib patch on the upstream cvs.
Currently i’m testing iFolder to see if i commit to portage soon.
I’ll bring more important news as soon as i get my workstation up again.
banshee-0.10.9-r1 is in portage with two more patches found on gnome bugzilla made by Ruben Vermeersch enjoy.
After this two last weeks i need vacations and start studing solid state physics again.
If you are a Gentoo/Amd64 user you probably noticed that we have mono-126.96.36.199 stable on amd64 and the mono use flag unmasked. This is now a safe step to stable users since the tree is ready for it.
After this i keyworded almost every popular package available in the tree. So if you found any package that isn’t keyworded please test it and report a bug to us.
After all this mono goodness i’m working on a few open bugs from muine.
Talking about this stuff, gnome 2.14 works great too it’s almost ported to gentoo (final release). This release is awesome, it’s very fast compared to 2.12 and gnome-terminal is much more functional and easy to manage.
After the problems with bmpx and quodlibet upstream that keep me upset for a few days i imported two packages of banshee 0.10.7 to portage. The first one and unmasked it’s a packages that only builds with gstreamer 0.8 and the second one (currently masked but very stable imo) supports only gstreamer 0.10. I encourage all people to test the banshee-0.10.7_p1 (masked one) and report bugs to us if is packaging related or to upstream if is about the rest.
This week i imported too a new package called cowbell. It’s a tag application for your music library, it’s very useful and pretty :P. Of course thanks to mono goodness.
Talking about mono we are working with latexer to unmask the mono use flag on amd64 you can read my post on the ml about it. Feel free to test and report bugs to us (specially on the stable tree).
Today i bumped banshee, libipoddevice and ipod-sharp. My ipod is working fine like banshee on amd64 so i’ll need to do a few tests before keyworded it. I asked a few ppc users to test it too before i open a bug to ppc team to keyword it. If you experience some problems with it i suggest you to unmask and upgrade mono to 1.1.13 since banshee supports this it.
About cdrtools i’ve been working with the latest alpha and testing it. You can get my experimental packages at my devspace this week.
Yesterday i pulled some patches from Banshee cvs that make Banshee work again on amd64. The notification area works again and when we play a song it doesn’t crashes like the previous releases. Maybe next release i’ll add the ~amd64 keyword. Good work Aaron, Banshee is awesome.
You can see the patches i pulled from cvs on my devspace.
These days my music players are mono/gtk# based, mainly i use Banshee, Muine and of course sometimes xmms too because i still maintain it and i’m trying to fix some bugs. Muine upstream is now a Gentoo developer (our good friend Latexer) and yes i’m still trying to have some free time to write plugins for both projects(and improve my C# coding skills).