Ok first the bad news. Banshee 0.11.x using mono 1.2 is broken. Only because mono 1.2 as IO Unix backend broken, i already filed a bug with abock and see if we can get this working. Here is the Aaron post to Banshee Mailing List about it.
“The Unix IO backend in Banshee is broken under Mono 1.2, as you’ve seen.
I found out about this on Sunday I think, but haven’t yet had the time
to look into it, so thank you! Your findings should be helpful for the
I’ll confirm them hopefully later today, but it would be helpful if you
could post your findings to that bug.
The code in Banshee *should* work (it always has before), so I think
this is a regression in Mono and needs to be fixed. However, I’ll
probably look for a workaround for Banshee 0.11.3.”
The good news for Gnome as i fixed the nautilus bug about the “flying” desktop icons and is all up-to-date according to ftp releases. All except gnomemm and java-gnome bindings. You can see the progress of gnome 2.16 towards to stable here. If you want to speed things a bit helps us fixing this bugs.