I’ve noticed that SyncThing didn’t seem to preserve modification timestamps for the photos and videos transferred from my phone. Since this messed up sorting by date, and the timestamps are present in filenames, I’ve made a trivial script to set mtimes appropriately.
Note that it assumes that the filenames have local time for Poland.
#!/usr/bin/env python import datetime import os import re import zoneinfo # e.g. IMG_yyyymmdd_hhmmss... NAME_REGEX = re.compile(r"\w+_(\d\d\d\d)(\d\d)(\d\d)_(\d\d)(\d\d)(\d\d)") for f in os.listdir("."): if m := NAME_REGEX.match(f): dt = datetime.datetime(*[int(g, 10) for g in m.groups()], tzinfo=zoneinfo.ZoneInfo("Poland")) os.utime(f, (dt.timestamp(), dt.timestamp()))