Yesterday (2012/01/16 20:00 UTC) we had the first Gentoo KDE team meeting this year. The meeting happened in #gentoo-meetings on freenode.
- Participants: alexxy, dilfridge, jmbsvicetto, johu, mschiff, tampakrap, Thev00d00
- Lead election is delayed, because 12 months not over
- We keep kdepim-4.4 in tree as long as it works and provide kdepim-l10n package
- Kdeenablefinal build feature will be removed today
- Phonon xine backend will be removed in 15 days
- We expect no big issues with Qt 4.8, only kdenlive is not building at the moment
- eselect boost vs. latest boost is not a Gentoo KDE scope only issue, we will move the discussion to the gentoo-dev mailing list
- … read log 😛 or wait for the full summary by tampakrap
- My netbook had a kernel panic while the meeting :-/
After the meeting i joined the Gentoo Qt team.
As known as #335108. This is (was) a long term bug in Gentoo KDE scope. The problem is that if you have two or more different boost versions installed, the latest version will be used at build time, regardless which version is (e)selected. Real world example we have boost 1.46.1 and 1.47.0 installed selected the 1.46 slot, the 1.47 slot would be used at build:
$ eselect boost list
Available boost versions:
 boost-1.46/default *
Last night i patched dev-util/cmake-2.8.6 successfully and made the revision bump today in the kde-overlay. So please test =dev-util/cmake-2.8.6-r5, in the case your maintained package is cmake based and needs dev-util/boost at build time. You should test at least with two different boost versions and of course switch between those to check that the selected version is used.
I bumped dev-util/cmake-2.8.7 in the overlay too. The patch is also included in this version.
Start your engines…