I was having some troubles with ddclient on my server here so I started looking into it.
There were seven bugs open and it was a micro version behind upstream. I fixed all of that by accident.
Hardened users should be happy as now it’ll use iproute2 (only if you have the ‘hardened’ USE flag enabled) instead of ifconfig to grab the IP address of the given adapter.
Also, 3.8.0 introduced the ability to handle multiple IP address. So, for those of you lucky enough to have multiple connections to the Internet, that should make you happy. 3.8.0 has been available for quite some time, but I think it’s a noteworthy item.
If all goes well, net-dns/ddclient-3.8.1-r1 will be a candidate for stabilization a month from now.