Since I couldn’t find out a simple way to fix the ldscripts I just split qemu in 2 ebuilds: one for the abi wrappers (qemu-user) that is currently broken on ppc, and one for the system emulators (qemu-softmmu) that works for every arch.
I hope it works for everybody.
Ok, back studying for my exams…
1 – Release first the binaries and then within about 10-24h release the source
2 – Completely ignore the fact somebody would like to install your program systemwide and spread here and there references to homedir.
Feel free to guess about which package is.
EDIT – Some of the issue are related to some interesting changes in the recent buildtool release…
The qemu 0.7.0 got eventually released. Fabrice Bellard kindly allowed me to distribute kqemu within gentoo, if you are interested please read here about it.
The other acceleration module called qvm86 is still pending some work and I’d like to provide it as release and not snapshot (if enough people wants it I’ll bump the ebuild with that feature added within the day).
The oggvorbis -> vorbis migration is coming, people please be ready.
Most of the newer ebuild from the media herds are already changed and many will follow.
MPlayer pre7 got released, the path to the 1.0 final is still long and windy.
There is an ebuild p.masked for it. Hopefully I’ll test it a bit in the next days, it will be ~arch within the week, I hope.
I started hacking a bit the mplayer ebuild to be ready to the pre7 release and I ended up with a pre6-r3 with some changes that some people may like and some may hate that much.
If you feel brave just unmask it and feel free to tell me if you like it or not.
I’m spending much time trying to fix some trivial and not so trivial bugs in media and graphics while in the mean time I’m porting the tcvp ogg parser in libavformat to learn a bit more about it. Both tedious work that would require some help to be completed quickly.