The qemu 0.7.0 got eventually released. Fabrice Bellard kindly allowed me to distribute kqemu within gentoo, if you are interested please read here about it.
The other acceleration module called qvm86 is still pending some work and I’d like to provide it as release and not snapshot (if enough people wants it I’ll bump the ebuild with that feature added within the day).
The oggvorbis -> vorbis migration is coming, people please be ready.
Most of the newer ebuild from the media herds are already changed and many will follow.
MPlayer pre7 got released, the path to the 1.0 final is still long and windy.
There is an ebuild p.masked for it. Hopefully I’ll test it a bit in the next days, it will be ~arch within the week, I hope.
I started hacking a bit the mplayer ebuild to be ready to the pre7 release and I ended up with a pre6-r3 with some changes that some people may like and some may hate that much.
If you feel brave just unmask it and feel free to tell me if you like it or not.