- Searching work as researcher in Japan
- Got instances for Gentoo Kernel CI
- Joined Gentoo Kernel Security Project
Kernel-2.eclass recently adopted EAPI 6
Let’s move all kernel ebuild packages to EAPI 6
If you are wondering what is change with EAPI 6, there are some nice reference:
and from the official documentation https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html:
EAPI 6 is EAPI 5 with the following changes:
- Bash version is 4.2, bash-version on page 78.
- Default src_prepare no longer a no-op, src-prepare-6 on page 138.
- Different src_install implementation, src-install-6 on page 174.
- LC_CTYPE and LC_COLLATE compatible with POSIX locale, locale-settings on page 215.
- failglob is enabled in global scope, failglob on page 226.
- einstall banned, banned-commands on page 233.
- die and assert called with -n respect nonfatal, nonfatal-die on page 237.
- eapply support, eapply on page 240.
- eapply_user support, eapply-user on page 240.
- econf adds –docdir and –htmldir, econf-options on page 246.
- in_iuse support, in-iuse on page 275.
- unpack supports absolute and relative paths, unpack-absolute on page 284.
- unpack supports .txz, unpack-extensions on page 285.
- unpack matches filename extensions case-insensitively, unpack-ignore-case on page 285.
- einstalldocs support, einstalldocs on page 286.
- get_libdir support, get-libdir on page 286.
Docker can work on both Gentoo Openrc and systemd
For checking the Docker kernel configuration is better to use the Docker kernel check file:
- last version is here.
- Docker installed version is here /usr/share/docker/contrib/check-config.sh