Disclaimer: This is not a Gentoo or KDE related post, but I am the administrator of this planet.
I’m getting a laser eye surgery that will keep me away of screens for at least two weeks. Planet/blogs requests may lag a bit, Joshua should handle them. The rest (Overlays, KDE, Qt) should be fine, they have strong active teams behind. I’m really excited about this, I suppose it will be a great freedom not to rely on glasses or contact lenses, being able to sleep anywhere. No more blur vision or tired eyes, I’ll be able to stay on my computer for more than the usual 16 daily hours.
Below are a few highlights from fellow gentoo developers:
- miknix: have fun looking at girls in high definition with your new guys
- nightmorph: Sweet, laser eyes are a first step in becoming a cyborg
- wired: Yay, hardware upgrade! Just to be clear on this: are you getting a “laser eye” surgery or a laser “eye surgery”?
- likewhoa: ask them about the xray vision package
- me: I didn’t like that mutation, i chose to become magneto so I can control CPU’s and various PC parts
- c1pher: And remember, if you need a Gentoo fix, you don’t need to see the screen to do anything… Corny joke about using the force
And the all time classic (made by pchrist):