1. Roll call
johu, hwoarang, pesa, tampakrap, wired
2. Qt 4.8
* cairo fails to build, patched ebuild available in qting-edge, #380013
Cairo build issue is fixed in qting-edge overlay, will be moved together with Qt 4.8.0 to tree.
* qt now defaults to the raster graphicssystem, we should remove raster USE flag, #398283
Wired created a eselect module to choose the Qt graphicsystem. Raster is default, other selectable are opengl, openvg and native. Raster use flag is not needed anymore, qt-gui depends on the new eselect module.
* do we really want to keep qpa USE flag?
qpa and c++0x will be masked in tree.
* are we going to fix #363939 for 4.8?
Wired fixed this bug in qt 4.8.0. Qt 4.8 will be moved to tree on next weekend. Dilfridge prepares kde-base/kstyles-4.7.4 to be rebuild together with Qt 4.8.0 to prevent crashes in KDE apps with Oxygen style.
3. Minor arches and Qt >= 4.7
Upstream supports official amd64, arm and x86, but other arches also considered in configure script. Keep stable keywords for minor arches in Qt 4.6. Wait for minor arches arm, ppc, ppc64 in current stabilization in Qt 4.7.4. Drop sparc keywords in Qt 4.8.0.
4. Overlay migration to git.overlays.gentoo.org
Tampakrap will set up overlay on git.overlays.gentoo.org on next weekend. The new overlay will be renamed to qt instead of qting-edge.
5. Open bugs
* #398885 qdoc3 broken on arm
We will ask the reporter if it works when he builds manually by providing him a configure command to make sure he tries the proper build.
* #394533 Libreoffice crashes in qt on exit
Can’t be reproduced with Libreoffice 126.96.36.199, seems to be resolved by upstream.
* #392433 desktop file name issues
Will be fixed in Qt 4.8.0, so that qt-gui and qt-assistant no longer pass absolute paths to make_desktop_entry().
* #388551 qt-gui[gtkstyle] should depend on gnome-base/libgnomeui-2
We will add a elog message in qt-gui[gtkstyle] saying that for things to work you either need libgnomeui or that variable set properly in your env.
* #382559 qt_mkspecs_dir() returns bad spec directory
The bug will be marked as RESOLVED WORKSFORME, because we can’t reproduce it. Additionally we change the eclass not to use LIBDIR in favor of get_libdir() after Qt 4.8 hits the portage tree.
* #359391 qt4-build.eclass should check for —buildpkgonly before downgrade sanity check
Resolution will be RESOLVED WONTFIX. Sanity check is there for a reason. It’s not a matter of source or binary downgrade.